The Scottish Barley Variety Database contains a comprehensive collection of variety descriptions collated and presented by Science and Advice for Scottish Agriculture (SASA) in Edinburgh.
On this database, you can:
- Search for varieties by name or characteristic and view variety data individually or two-variety- comparisons;
- View and print variety descriptions;
- Download PDF versions of the latest Booklet of Variety Descriptions;
- View images of character states;
- Download and print the latest Crop Inspectors’ Variety Key and Barley Grain Key;
- Learn about the Scottish Cereal Certification Scheme.
Information is added and edited online so changes are available instantly to visitors.